Monday, January 21, 2008

Attended headstart - a 3day meet on startups

I attended the headstart conf at Bangalore in the last week. It was hosted at JN Tata Auditorium in IISc. I was kind of a passive observer there. I am just sharing the info and my views here.
The registration process was not good. People were required to wait in a queue for collecting badges. Lunch and tea were provided by the organizers. The auditorium was good, which has I think more than a thousand capacity. The bus frequency to this place from Majestic is good, so did not face any issues. This is all about the other than technical/actual thing.
All the three days are schedules with two keynotes each day one in the morning and one on in the afternoon. The keynotes were more like a specific technology's future and the research that is happening at the keynote speaker's organization. Most of the the keynotes dealt with databases, which I really don't like, so I ma not going to mention anything much about these keynotes.
The first two days have lots of demos from the startups as well as big companies, which are termed to be innovations (I personally did not feel some of the presented products as innovations). The demos are categorized based on the technology. In total The agenda for the demos was as follows. 12 minutes for the demo, 8mins for the Q&A from the panel(each of the technologies have a panel consisting of around 4 to 5 experts) and from the audience. At the end of all the demos, the panel members will give their views on the future of the technology, to which the demos are related. And after that they answer the queries from the audience. In the next posts, I will just detail on what happened in each of the three days.

No comments: