Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sad day in my life :(

To start off this post, I had to create a new blog as the blogger spam robots detected my old blog created a month back as a spam blog. See the below image. :)
Prior to this, when I tried to install Adobe Illustrator on my machine, it said it requires at least 512MB of RAM. My poor PC is only having 448MB of RAM. Actually it is 512 but on board graphics card took 64 as V-RAM. Gone are the days of below 1GB RAM. I think even 1GB is not enough these days. Vista being idle consumes 750 :). Being xp/linux user I think I can manage with 1GB.
I just get to remember the good old days.
  1. Its year 2000. I am just into my first year B.Tech at IIIT. The machines we used are having 32MB of RAM 2GB of Hard disk. One GB for each of RedHat Linux and Windows98/Millennium. Of course these are IBM machines. People used to play ManxTT on those machines, I guess. There used to be some dumb terminals. I think nowadays people don't even know what dumb terminals mean. In fact there is no need for that in present exponential growing of computing speed:)
  2. I think a year later we got a new PCs with 128 MB RAM this time. All smiles on the faces:) we could play more hi end games. This is the year I started my first PC game AOC. The games are so addictive to the people at IIIT that, the 24 hrs opened labs were closed for 4 4hrs from 2AM to 6AM. People started bunking the classes during the 24hrs open labs. And professors started giving surprises to the class, if they find low number of people.
  3. I think in the next two years 2003 and 2004 , 256 RAM was very good.
  4. And 2 years ago, when I bought my PC, 512 was a very good amount of RAM.

2 comments:

Python said...

So did you upgrade your RAM??

balaji said...

Not yet. Decided not to install that sw :)