Thursday, January 3, 2008

Remembering my last working day experiences :)

I think its 2004 Oct 20th. My last working day at SEEC. I first tried to meet my HR and exchange few words. But he was very angry on me, as I resigned just after joining 5 months and so he did not talk to me :(. After that collected my relieving letter from our CEO I think. I think this was the first time I met him. I gave a party in the evening to all my colleagues at Anupama restaurant.

And then its 16th May 2007. It was my last working day at Motorola. I did some kt even on this day too :). From morning I went to hr 4 to 5 times to collect my relieving letter. Some times hr is not there and rest of the times the letter is not ready. My PL arranged for a small farewell party, where in almost all people I know gathered to give me a farewell. After all people came in, all kept quiet and I said "all the best to u all" :). Thats how the farewell party started. Some people gave some good appreciations for my character etc. And then finally I got headphones as a gift from my lead. There is little background to the headphones. My headphones were not working two to three days before my last working day. My lead observed that and gave the head phones to me as a gift. After shaking hands with all my colleagues and managers for one last time I left the place to collect my relieving letter. This time also my relieving letter is not ready. But hr is there, so I waited till she got the letter ready and then came out of the building. Then had a chitchat for some time with the closest colleagues in the lawn in front of our building. Then we went for a party at 36 Jubilee Hills.

Here comes my Final last working day Dec 5th 2007. In the morning itself, my manager said, the relieving letter will be given and the day is my last working day. I could know that as my last working day, only a day before I think. Around 10 o'clock our director handed over my relieving letter and he said like I can even leave then it self. :) As I had plans to push off to Hyd, I brought some luggage also with me, so stayed there till 4:30PM and left for Hyd. From around 3:30PM or so started meeting everybody and told them that that day is my last working day. This time no party :)

2 comments:

a fan said...

hi balaji,
nice to see ur blog.

- maheswari

Unknown said...

Good that you blogged on the Motorola 's Last Day experience So that some people along with me and others keep referring and relax.:)
Good Luck